This is Drill #27 in the HockeyShot Stickhandling Series. Get the most out of your HockeyShot Dangler with this fun and challenging drill. This drill will help your work on your balance and stickhandling. View the video and follow the techniques below.
Line up a few HockeyShot Extreme Dangler sections vertically in front of you. Set yourself up beside it on one leg and find your balance. Once you are ready jump on the other side, stickhandle through the Dangler, land softly on your leg and regain your balance then repeat.
Keep you core muscles engaged throughout the drill
- Slow controlled hops over the Dangler to start and increase speed and length with time
- Keep the blade of your stick square on the flooring tiles
- Cup the puck from forehand to backhand by lifting your stick over the Dangler and rolling your wrists
- Maintain controlled, fluent movement and feel the puck on your blade
- Start slowly and progress faster once you feel comfortable with the stick handling action
- Do not tap the ice/floor
- Keep your head up and use your peripheral vision to see the puck